How can I suspend my profile?
To suspend your profile, go into “My account settings” and click “Suspend my account” on the left of the screen. Then click “Suspend my account” to confirm your request.
To access “My account settings”, hover your mouse over your profile photo/silhouette on the top right-hand corner of any page of the website.
If you have a current subscription, it is possible to cancel the automatic renewal before you suspend your profile – otherwise your subscription will continue as normal.
What happens when my profile is suspended?
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Your profile will disappear from the website within 24 hours and you will no longer receive email alerts from us.
- Your profile information will be kept, but other members will no longer be able to view it.
- If you have opted to pay for your subscription in instalments you may have some payments left to make. Please see the “My subscription” section for more information.
You may then reactivate your profile at any time. Recover all of your personal data by using your login information to connect to the site and confirming the reactivation, or by clicking the link in the confirmation email.
If you have met someone special on the website, tell other members your story in the “Success Stories” section!
We hope you’ve met someone and you’re getting on well, but maybe you’re not quite sure yet that they’re the one. Suspending your profile is a great option if you might need your profile again in the future. Here’s how you do it:
- Log into your account via a computer and go ‘My account settings’ by clicking your profile picture at the top right of any Match page.
If you think you’ll be away for a while, make sure you cancel your automatic renewals first so you don’t continue to get charged. You can do so by clicking ‘Manage my subscription’.
- Click ‘Suspend my account’ under ‘Help’ to the left of the page. Then click ‘Suspend my account’ to confirm. We’ll send you an email to confirm. You can reactivate your account any time by clicking on the link in this email, or just logging into Match.
If you have opted to pay for your subscription in instalments you may have some payments left to make. Please see the “My subscription” section for more information.
- On laptop Click to change
- On mobile site Click to change